Thursday, September 2, 2010

About Me (Welcome Entry)

Hello fellow bloggers, my name is Raul Garcia. I'm a student at Full Sail University studying to becoming a recording engineer. I've been involved in the process of making music since the early years of high school. I became interested in recording music when I decided to record a demo for the first band I was in and realized that I had a lot of fun doing so. I also received a lot of positive feedback and felt that I had potential to really learn the ins and outs of audio.

My musical interests range and touch down on many genres of music but I've always leaned more towards the rock side of things. I'm more into bands rather than solo artists and I enjoy an album as a whole in contrast to an album with a bunch of singles on it. I'm open to all kinds of music and I really try to appreciate them for what they are. Some of my favorite bands are The Mars Volta, Circa Survive and The Fall of Troy.

My primary focus in the industry is to help create the most honest and exciting listening experience to an audience in whatever project I may be working on. The last thing on my mind is money. I would rather be struggling to pay rent and doing what I love than working in an office, bored out of my mind, and making millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment